Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage is based on traditional Indian massage techniques that have been practiced in Indiana for about 1,000 years. The Hindi word for massage is "Champ ied" which means to wash the hair (shampoo) and this is where the work shampoo originates from. It began as a way to keep long hair beautiful and good condition by stimulating blood flow to the scalp thereby nourishing the hair roots.
Originally it was exclusively a massage of the head and hair follicles only, but over time it has developed to incorporate massage to the face, scalp, neck, neck, shoulders, upper arms and upper back. Over time hairdressers and barbers began to offer Indian head massage to both their male and female customers as it complimented their main service. The popularity of champissage (massage) has continued to grow to the point that it is now widely available as service throughout the world (especially the UK) and not just in India.
It involves work on the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face using a variety of massage movements to relieve accumulated tension, stimulate circulation and restore joint mobility. Head massage revitalises the whole body, rebalancing the energy flow to the body and creating a feeling of peace and well being. Due to the fact the positive benefits of Indian Head massage are achieved in a relatively short space of time it is ideally suited to busy schedules. However, it can be of equal interest to anybody seeking an introduction to "hands on" therapy or to those searching for an alternative to body massage. The therapy is received in a seated position which is especially beneficial for those who find lying on a couch uncomfortable.
This treatment is also ideal for corporate visits, or pamper evenings, as clients to not need to remove any clothing, this treatment can be done whilst sitting at a desk.
An excellent stress buster, both relaxing and uplifting, it is good for clearing the head and easing tense shoulders.
Indian Head Massage is a holistic treatment and therefore the therapeutic effects last long after the treatment is finished and can include many of the following:-
- Benefits headaches, eye strain and sinus problems
- Release of anxiety, tiredness and depression
- Improves sleep
- Improves alertness and concentration
- Is calming, comforting and promotes a feeling of well-being
- Improves skin and hair condition
- Relieves muscular tension
- Helps to improve muscle tone
- Improves respiration by deeper breathing
- Good for stress and stress related conditions
- Helps circulation problems
- Improves joint mobility in neck and shoulders
- Increases energy levels
- Strengthens the immune system
- Strong, healthy, shiny hair
- Improved lymphatic drainage
- Improves blood flow to the brain, thus improving concentration levels
- Can induce a feeling of euphoria
- Aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products
Prices & Duration
Full Session - 45 Minutes
(Initial treatment will include an additional 15-20 minute consultation session)
Click here to book a treatment online.