Tibetan (Ku Nye) Head, Hand & Foot Massage
Tibetan Head, Hand & Foot Massage is an amazingly healing and relaxing treatment that draws on the ancient wisdom and philosophies of the Tibetan Ayurveda. Traditionally, warmed oils are used in the massage, and they are excellent for the hair and scalp, but this is optional.
The treatment involves breathing work, singing bowl and Tibetan Tingas and is a seven-stage massage and acupressure of the scalp, face, neck, shoulder, upper arms, hands and feet which the client receives fully clothed in a reclining position, either on a couch, reclining chair or on the floor. In a traditional Tibetan medical treatment massage is performed to re-balance the body’s energy in order to allow the body to heal itself.
It is based on Tibetan Ayurvedic principles and Sound Therapy and dates back over 5,000 years to the ancient Bon religion which pre-dates Buddhism. It is similar to Indian Ayurveda and Tibetans believe that individuals are composed of five elements - earth, wind, fire, ether and air and three humours (similar to the Indian doshas - vata, pitta and kapha) which are wind, bile and phlegm. Tibetans also believe the body is composed of five winds which are linked to five chakras. They claim wind is life sustaining and when the crown chakra is out of balance it has a knock-on effect on the other four causing imbalance in the body. Therefore the aim is to restore equilibrium and prevent ill health by slowing down the flow of wind.
The therapeutic effects of Tibetan Head, Hand & Foot Massage last long after the treatment is over. The short and longer term benefits are individual, varied and cumulative and can include many of the following:
- Holistic - brings balance and harmony to the mind, body and soul and supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself
- Ideal for shy or nervous clients - as it is not necessary for the client to undress
- Relief from pain and stiffness in the muscles of the face, scalp, shoulders and upper arms
- Increases circulation
- Promotes feelings of inner peace and calm
- Promotes more restful sleep and helps alleviate sleeping disorders
- Relieves headaches
- Helps relieve stress
- Relaxes facial and eye muscles
- Improves hair and scalp condition
- Promotes hair growth
- Aids lymphatic drainage by eliminating toxins
- Greater creativity, clarity of thought and concentration
Prices & Duration
Full Session - 60 Minutes
(Initial treatment will include an additional 15-20 minute consultation session)
Click here to book a treatment online.